Top 10 most popular Rails repositories to get familiar with real-world apps.
I started working as a Rails developer 4 years ago, after almost 10 years off-break from coding. I learned Ruby and Ruby on Rails by doing some tutorials and building small projects. When I got my first job offer I was a little scared as I was not familiar with large, existing codebases. All I knew were my little pet projects.
If you are in the same spot as I was a few years ago, or you’re just curious how others do this. Here is the list of the top 10 most popular Ruby on Rails repositories on GitHub.
Top 10 most popular Rails repositories on GitHub
- Discourse - discussion platform
- Mastodon - social network server based on ActivityPub
- GitLab - end-to-end software development platform
- Forem - software for building communities (powers dev.to)
- diaspora* - privacy-aware, distributed, open source social network
- Postal - complete and fully featured mail server for use by websites & web servers
- chatwoot - Customer engagement suite, an open-source alternative to Intercom, Zendesk etc.
- OpenProject - web-based project management software
- Canvas LMS -
Learning management system
- Peatio - open-source crypto currency exchange